The GloveFAST Cyto is our compact negative pressure isolator with a four-filter system. Especially when space and budget are limited, the advantages of the isolator come to the fore.
Our GloveFAST Cyto is suitable for the following applications:
- Preparation of anti-neoplastic chemo-therapy
- Manipulation of cytotoxic and cytostatic medication
- Manipulation aetiological agents with proved pathogenity to humans and animals
- Handling of pathogenic mixtures of high concentration and mutagen agents
- Onkogenic viruses
- Microbiology, Virology and Cell cultures
- Transformed DNA applications
- TPE / TPN Production
- IV solutions
Ambient air is drawn into the closed Isolator system from the top. The air is filtered by the suction HEPA filter and directed downwards as laminar flow before being filtered again by a second HEPA filter. As the system works in negative pressure, the air is recirculated and filtered again through the main HEPA filter located below the work surface (third filter station). This air is then partially recirculated back to the main work area and delivered back to the ambience, after it has been filtered again by the exhaust air HEPA filter (fourth filtering station).
The housing is made of cold rolled epoxy painted steel with Alesta® Dupont anti-microbial coating. The inner surfaces are manufactured of stainless steel AISI 304, the work surface of the work chamber as well as of the transfer chamber are made of stainless steel AISI 316 with Scotch-Brite finish. All edges are smoothly rounded with 3 mm radius. The entire Isolator may as well be delivered complete of stainless steel AISI 304 or AISI 316 with Scotch-Brite finish.
- Front window of the isolator and the transfer lock are made of double, glare-free 8 mm safety glass
- Left and right side windows are made of 6 mm tempered glass
- Hinged front window for easy cleaning and maintenance - two gas struts keeps the window in open position
- Tightness of the front window ensured by tested seals - pressed on by means of screws
- 300 mm GlovePorts with O-ring system to accommodate arm cuffs
- Interlock system: transfer gate electromagnetically interlocked; inner and outer doors time-shifted interlocked; opening of inner door only possible after automatic time-shifted purging process and by up/down sliding system; inner door made of PETG material
- Working air velocity of 0.45m/s in the main working area and transfer lock - optionally reduced air velocity of 0.25 m/s or individual settings