Our cleanroom ventilation / filtration unit is a leading FFU (Fan Filter Unit), constructed to lead a filtered laminar airflow across a specified filter surface. The unit is fitted with a high-performance ventilator together with a HEPA/ULPA filter. The sucks contaminated air from the top of the unit and blows the filtered, clean air as unidirectional laminar airflow vertically downwards. FFU´s are mainly used when constructing cleanrooms of class 1 to 100.000 (as per US Federal Standard 209E).
We have invested our experience of more than 20 years in layout ans construction of cleanrooms in order to develop a FFU which simply works better, at lower cost. Our own research and development departments include an acoustically isolated, HEPA filtered test lab where the ENVAIR ventilators / filter unit construction is optimized in terms of low noise emission and energy efficiency.
Our production sources reach from computer-aided metal sheet processing to production and installation. An integrated approach from top to bottom assures that quality can be checked in every production step. In order to guarantee performance and quality only material from leading manufacturers is used. All delivered raw material are furthermore tested as per the statistical random check.
- Light weight, corrosion-resistant construction
- Quit operation, less 56 dB(A)
- Ventilator speed regulation
- Low energy consumption
- UL-approved electric components
- Large range of construction sizes and options
- Isocide™ anti-microbial coated outer housing eliminates 99.9% bacteria on outer surfaces within 24 hours
- Integrated HEPA / ULPA filter
- Improved assembly technique and sound-damping
Quality control prior to delivery
- Function tests and visual check
- Electric safety check
- Air speed check
Here at CARLO ERBA Reagents we have our own test facility to test the performance of our FFU product range. Constructed by highly professional technicians with years of experience in the industry, the environment in our test lab is virtually soundproof. One hundred percent of the test lab's interior surfaces, with the exception of the observation window, are lined with acoustic panels that absorb sound waves, minimising sound reflections.
The most important test parameters are air speed and sound level wherby the secondary parameters, which are supervised, are surrounding temperature and humidity. These tests are important in order to make sure that the sound level which is emitted by the unit is within the human tolerance limits and that the air speed is high enough to create a circulating air curtain. These parameters are measured electronically, without human presence and without other, sound emitting units and are transferred to the test lab computer which is outside the test chamber.
The test method, developed by ourselves and the automation software which carries out the tests, have been developed by DAQ (Data Acquisition) specialists. This allows supervision of test data at the PC screen.
The high effort in research and development makes Esco the place where quality and reliability meet with cost-effectiveness. This allows us to deliver technically most advanced products.
Ventilators used in Airstream ventilation / filtration units
Our ventilation / filtration units rely on centrifugal ventilators with long-term lubrication and external motor / rotor construction of ebm-papst, manufacturer of innovative ventilation and motor technology from Germany.
The external rotor / motor construction is known for its compact and flat construction and for energy efficiency. The fact that the external rotor motor is integrated in the blower blades allow this design and optimal motor cooling.
All rotating parts are directly mounted to a component and thus dynamically balanced. The complete weight is evenly balanced to both bearings.
Our ventilation / filtration units are equipped with centrifugal AC ventilators of ebm-papst.
Our ventilation / filtration units are equipped with the latest, separator-less Minipleat HEPA or ULPA filters of the swedish company Camfil Farr, a global leading manufacturer of filters and clean air solutions.
HEPA and ULPA filter are of folded borosilicate fiber glass, stuck into an aluminium frame.
The aluminium frame is fitted with gaskets thus forming the final filter unit with 1-part gasket which reduces the risk of gasket leakage or damage reasonably. The manifold advantages of separator-less Minipleat filter technology against common filter technology comprise:
- Compact size which include more foldings per unit of filter surface.
- Enlarged filter media area with effective dust arrestance and long lifetime.
- Aluminium frames are lighter than conventional wooden frames on filters with aluminium separators. The aluminium frame cannot swell up under humid conditions, which may be the case with conventional wooden frames.
- Filter damage from aluminium separators is impossible.
- Version 2 Type (integrated ventilator and housing). The unit may be suspended from the ceiling, improving the image since the complete unit is one piece
- Version 3 Type (filter and ventilator in separate housing). Low cost but the unit cannot be suspended from the ceiling and the image is more negative. Suitable when the unit is mounted inside cleanrooms
Outer material – Options
- (G) Galvanied steel: The construction of galvanized steel is an economical alternative, if the image is not the deciding factor. Esco uses only the best coated steel in order to prevent rust and corrosion. This material may be recommendable if the cost factor is of highest priority and if the ventilation / filtration unit is intended for use in constructing cleanrooms (in which the housing is isolated and "hidden" in the ceiling of the cleanroom).
- (A) Aluminium: The construction of aluminium is the most chosen solution for all applications for ventilation / filtration units and is economic. Aluminium is light, corrosion-resistant, generates no particles thus being cleanroom compatible. Esco uses only anodized aluminium of top quality which is durable and also aesthetic.
- (P) Powder-coated steel: Construction of coated steel with wear-resistant powder coating. A housing being treated this way offers an attractive visual impression, is durable, smooth and absolutely cleanroom-compatible. This design is recommended if the unit can be seen from outside, like in construction of modular clean air unit und Laminar Flow Workbenches and when special colors are required. Costs are comparable to the aluminium units
- (S) Stainless steel: This housing construction offers a visually attractive, durable and smooth solution. Recommended for pharmaceutical applications, in terms of cost the most expensive solution.